Thursday, September 11, 2008

Not the ones with Monster Mash on them...

I've found a new reason to love Halloween time. Cheap spooky instrumental soundtracks. I think most DM's have bought CDs for the express purpose of using them as background music. The earliest ones I remember trying to hunt down were the Conan and Excalibur soundtracks. Around Halloween, every supermarket, costume shop and drug store has a small stack of creepy party music. Usually for dirt cheap. The ones I have found the most use for is the Midnight Syndicate ones. I looked at their site, they even specifically made a CD of D&D soundtrack music. Can't wait to try out the one I just snagged for 2$. Vampyre, Symphonies from the Crypt. Makes me want to run Ravenloft or something like that.

4 comments:

Darius Whiteplume said...

Thanks for the post on that. The Dead Matters movie looks like it could be cool. I believe I saw Tom Savini's mug in there somewhere.

skeleri said...

Oh god, Savini. Heh, I have seen him in some HORRIBLE drek. Think the worst was Beyond the Wall of Sleep. Couldn't even watch a half hour of it.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Savini is the zombie master though. Makeup artist and crazed biker boss in the original Dawn of the Dead. Plus, he started the Return of the Living Dead movies, IIRC. And how can we forget Knightriders, a travelling "Medieval Times" on motorcycles. That is classic |-D

skeleri said...

Yeah, I love Savini, don't get me wrong. Maniac was a masterpiece, and when he shows up in super low to no budget movies, it just shows how great of a guy he is.