Thursday, June 5, 2008

Less than once a month!

I've been far too lazy to post, this is a pretty common occurrence so it really shouldn't raise any eyebrows. Anyway, as far as gaming goes, I've got mixed feelings on how soon Shackled City is going to be over. On the one hand, I'm a little dissapointed I couldn't meet my personal goal of finishing it by summer, setting back further the much anticipated (at least by me!) start of Rise of the Runelords. On the other side, kinda glad it's dragging out, because I've really enjoy trying to kill Krunk, Midori, and Silverswift.

Things I am diddling with:

A Subsector of Traveller. Something I started in september, and have slowly been adding to over the past nine months. Tedious, mind numbing at times, but also super fascinating. Trying to make each world stand out, when there are dozens in a system, pretty damn hard. Eventually it will be to the point where I can drop players in on a planet and have the fun explode out from behind the screen by the gallon!

Omega World. From the polyhedron article that I borrowed, and will give back, because I just downloaded the pdf. Making a ruin crawl and such, drawing up maps, slapping together monsters and npc's. Planning on adapting Legions of Gold to it next, for a micro campaign (four to eight sessions tops).

4.0 Random Dungeon. Love randomizing dungeons, and this one set of tables really breathes life into my random dungeonizing. Pretty much the only table I use on a regular basis is the Gygax ones from the DMG, so using these makes me happier. No 45 degree angle tunnels, curved tunnels, tunnels that smack into each other, x intersections, all that poop. Made up 3 levels of my 4.0 MEGADUNGEON! so far, it has way too many goblins in it for my tastes, gonna have to go back in there and change them into robot dogs or something.

3 comments:

Infamous Jum said...

Have you seen Mutant Future? Its a retro clone-ish Gamma World based on Labyrinth Lord (itself a clone of Basic D&D I believe). Lots of crazy in that.

Are you planning on coming by the shop tomorrow for the Games Day thing?

skeleri said...

Yep, I am planning on coming. It's at noon isn't it? Looked at mutant futures, but I balk at printing up another 250 pages of game. I just got a new ink cartridge, don't want to burn it up too quick.

Infamous Jum said...

I printed a copy out. Wish I would have just walked it over to Staples, I think it would cost like $10. Or I could stop being a cheapskate and buy the print copy from the creator.